Share this blog!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Garden pictures of God's great creation John 1:9

Today I was overwhelmed by the beauty of my fall garden. This summer in Oklahoma was extremely hot and dry. I watered and watered, thinking I would lose many of my perennials. Thankfully, the loss was minimal. This mum was planted last year in the fall. It has bloomed beautifully. The one shiny yellow flower reminds me of Jesus, a lone light in the dark world. John 1:9, NIV, The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.
And the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. 
These are my Oklahoma roses. They are a smaller rose, seem to grow wild. This bush has been whacked and cut and pruned and it still comes back every year. It has been covered in disease and dried. I have cut it down almost to the ground, but it still blooms. May our lives do the same. 
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:5

No comments: