Share this blog!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Content? Advent 3 C Zephaniah 3:14-20 Philippians 4:4-7 Luke 3:7-18 cont. again

Contentment seems to be the word that rises out of the Scriptures this week. I struggle with this. A couple days ago I was stressing and throwing fits about something over which I have no control. I want to control things. Do you? God reminded me that he is still in control and drew me back to Philippians 4:4-7. "Do not be anxious about anything." I don't think of this as a command as it is written in a letter and not dictated from heaven. I think it is simply a reminder to turn everything over to God. Anxiety is something I cannot control. However, I can control what I do with it. Will I let it lead me to turn the things which make me anxious over to God, or will I stew and fret and freak out about what I cannot control? The NIV says 'I have learned the SECRET of being content in every situation." Perhaps the secret is turning everything that makes me anxious over to God?

No comments: