Share this blog!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lent 3 C Isaiah 55:1-13 If you are thirsty

These words from Isaiah are often quoted.

8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

Usually when we don't understand something, a person will quote this to make us feel better. 

It  does not make me feel better.

If they were used in the context they were meant they probably would have encouraged me. 

Seek the Lord while you while he may be found. 
He was found. 

He was found by the Exiles in Babylon. Even when they thought he had stayed behind in Israel. He was found. 

It was in the pain that they found that God could be found. 

And when they found him, they burst into song.

No comments: