Share this blog!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

100th post Lent 3C Luke 13:1-9

I have made it full circle. I am now posting comments on passages that I commented on 3 years ago in the lectionary cycle.

This is my 100th post.

I am proud. In a humble, Christian way, of course. ;-)

Luke 13:1-9 finds Jesus answering a question that well ask sooner or later. Why do some suffer more than others? Do the consequences people face match the in they commit.

Jesus answers with a story like he usually does. He answers with stories that leave us to interpret. And we have a much more difficult job interpreting than his hearers as we are separated by 2000 plus years from them.

His answer seems to be filled with grace. The gardener shows grace to the tree. He wants to give it just one more chance to produce fruit.

The answer could not be more simple. Give one more chance. That seems to be what God does with his people over and over. Give them another chance.



No comments: